ZB1 Physical Computing Tools
The ZB1 is a physical computing development system that is compatible
with the Arduino software environment. For system development a
variety of peripheral modules are available. The datasheet is located
ZB1 Microcontroller Board
- Replaceable and upgradeable CPU
- Compatible with the Arduino development tools.
- ATmega328 running at 12MHz with a Vcc of 3.3V.
- Socket for XBee Radio.
- 4.4" x 1.75" (uC + XBee). 2.7" x 1.75" if the board is cut to remove
the XBee radio. Both sections of a cut board are functional.
- I/O connections are wired to a single 26 pin header. Application boards can
be mounted parallel using vertical connectors, co-planar using
right-angle connectors or remotely using a flexible cable.
- The board can be built with either a USB interface
or with a six pin header for use with an USB to serial cable.
The USB interface circuitry includes transient
suppression and current limiting resistors.
- ICSP port (3.3V levels)
- A/D reference supply filtered per Atmel specification.
- Reset circuit per Atmel specification.
- Power supply is jumpered between either an LDO or an external
3.3V supply. The LDO input is diode or'ed from a wall adapter or the
USB 5V supply.
- Coming Soon 2AA power supply.
ZB1 Prototyping Board
- Removable terminal block with a pin header (3.5mm centers).
- 1.6" x 4" breadboard area with TH and SMD patterns. Pattern features a
DIP, SOIC and SOT23-6 pattern overlay.
- Two bounceless pushbuttons.
- Debug LEDs.
ZB1 LCD Interface Board
- Generic LCD interface board that connects to the ZB1. The
dimensions are 4.4" x 1".
- Users standard LCD4Bit library. Jumper traces can be cut to allow
remapping of the LCD signals.
- 16 pin header is compatible with a variety
of low-cost LCDs (such as the Optrex 51505).
- 5V/50mA boost converter to drive the LCD and backlight.
- Transistor buffer to enable the backlight LED.
- Contrast trim pot
- Two positions for pass-thru connectors the signals on ZB1-J1 and ZB1-J8.